IMPORTANT TRANSFER INFORMATION
- 1. Make sure that you have access to the email address listed as the admin contact for the domain.
If your email address listed for the administrative contact of the domain
is not current, the transfer may fail.
- 2. Make sure your domain name has not
expired. It is advisable to initiate your transfer at least
7 days prior to the expiry date so there will be enough time to complete the process.
- 3. Many domain transfers require an auth code when transferring
domains. You can obtain an auth code from
your current registrar (where the domain is currently registered).
- 4. We cannot transfer domains that are less
than 60 days old. If you registered your domain within
the last 60 days, please wait until after 60 days before starting
- 5. Make sure your domain name is not locked at the current registrar.
Please contact your current registrar to make sure
there are no holds or locks when transferring your domain
name.(many registrars will automatically place a lock on the domain for security)
- 6.Transfers for some domain types add 1 year onto your
expiry date and will require a transfer fee. UK domain transfers are free and are not extended upon transfer, although your invoice might show "2 years" after the domain name, this is simply a small bug in our system.