Account moved to another server. cPanel password not working.
Sometimes when a server is migrated, older accounts with passwords that have not been changed for a long time can have their passwords reset during this process.
Older accounts used a different password hashing which is no longer supported, so when the account is copied over, the process is unable to set the password. All you need to do is change it.
To reset your cpanel password from within your user account please follow the instructions below :
1. Login to your customer account on our website at http://www.4uhosting.co.uk
2. Click My Services and select "Manage My Services" from the drop down menu.
3. Your hosting plan(s) will be listed here. Click "View Details" next to the account you want to change the password for.
4. Click the "Change Password" tab at the top
5. Enter your new password twice and click the blue "Save Changes" button.
Please note: The password strength meter displayed on the above process is not synced with cpanel, so sometimes your password may seem complicated, but will still be rejected as too weak. The password strength must be at least "Strong". We advise that you enter a password that is deemed "Strong" by the strength meter on that page and then add some more characters to it before submitting.
Was this answer helpful?
If you have updated your website but you still see the old pages, double check that you uploaded...
It's useful to have a shortcut to cPanel on your computer. Click the link below for a tutorial...
This is caused by not having a home page file inside your public_html folder - named...
To create an email account in your UK Web Hosting plan, you first need to be logged into your...
FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol and actually refers to the method of transport rather than...