SMTP Authentication Apple iPhone and iPad
The steps below will guide you through enabling SMTP authenication in your iOS device.
1. Click the Settings app - then click Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
2. Select the Email account you want to edit.
3. Scroll down to Outgoing Mail Server and click SMTP.
4. Click Primary Server and enable the slider to ON.
5. Enter your mail server's hostname.
6. Enter your full Email address and the password you chose for that account.
7. Ensure SSL is enabled.
8. Set Authentication section to Password.
9. Set the Server Port to 465.
10. Click Done.
Was this answer helpful?
Incredimail is a free, fun and easy to use Email client with a focus on multimedia features. This...
If you are receiving Email fine, but you are unable to send messages, you might get an error that...
These settings will work for any email client, any device or software that uses the standard...
The connection to the server has failed. Account 'mail.yourdomain', Server: 'mail.yourdomain',...
If you have an iPhone, you can use it to send and receive email from your UK Web Hosting account....