SMTP Authentication Thunderbird
If you didn't enable SMTP authentication in Mozilla Thunderbird when you first set up your Email account, please see details below explaining how to add this.
1. Open Thunderbird Mail and click Tools > Account Settings.
2. At the bottom of the large menu on the left, click Outgoing Server (SMTP).
3. On the right side, clcik Add.
4. Enter a basic description in the Description box.
5. In the Server Name box, enter your mail server's hostname.
6. Enter 465 in the port box.
7. In the User Name box enter your full email address.
8. Click OK. SMTP Authentication has now been enabled. Note: You will be prompted for your Email account password the first time that you attempt to send. You should tick the box Use Password Manager to remember the password so you won't have to enter it each time.
Was this answer helpful?
What is my mail server hostname?We recommend that you use your server's hostname as both your...
To enable SMTP authentication in Apple Mac Mail, please take the following steps...1. Open Apple...
Incredimail is a free, fun and easy to use Email client with a focus on multimedia features. This...
So, you've signed up for a great UK Web Hosting account with 4UHosting and you are ready to get...
The connection to the server has failed. Account 'mail.yourdomain', Server: 'mail.yourdomain',...