SMTP Authentication Thunderbird
If you didn't enable SMTP authentication in Mozilla Thunderbird when you first set up your Email account, please see details below explaining how to add this.
1. Open Thunderbird Mail and click Tools > Account Settings.
2. At the bottom of the large menu on the left, click Outgoing Server (SMTP).
3. On the right side, clcik Add.
4. Enter a basic description in the Description box.
5. In the Server Name box, enter your mail server's hostname.
6. Enter 465 in the port box.
7. In the User Name box enter your full email address.
8. Click OK. SMTP Authentication has now been enabled. Note: You will be prompted for your Email account password the first time that you attempt to send. You should tick the box Use Password Manager to remember the password so you won't have to enter it each time.
Was this answer helpful?
Opera Mail is a free, lightwight, customizeable Email client that compliments the Opera web...
To enable SMTP Authentication in Outlook Express, or Windows Live Mail please follow the steps...
Sometimes when the Horde webmail application is updated, the Sent folder stops working for some...
If you didn't enable SMTP authentication in Outlook 2010 when you first configured your Email...
Thunderbird is a fully featured and easy to use Email client that is becoming more and more...