SMTP Authentication Thunderbird
If you didn't enable SMTP authentication in Mozilla Thunderbird when you first set up your Email account, please see details below explaining how to add this.
1. Open Thunderbird Mail and click Tools > Account Settings.
2. At the bottom of the large menu on the left, click Outgoing Server (SMTP).
3. On the right side, clcik Add.
4. Enter a basic description in the Description box.
5. In the Server Name box, enter your mail server's hostname.
6. Enter 465 in the port box.
7. In the User Name box enter your full email address.
8. Click OK. SMTP Authentication has now been enabled. Note: You will be prompted for your Email account password the first time that you attempt to send. You should tick the box Use Password Manager to remember the password so you won't have to enter it each time.
Was this answer helpful?
The connection to the server has failed. Account 'mail.yourdomain', Server: 'mail.yourdomain',...
What is my mail server hostname?We recommend that you use your server's hostname as both your...
So, you've signed up for a great UK Web Hosting account with 4UHosting and you are ready to get...
503 Valid RCPT command must precede DATAThis error message occurs when sending mail. It means...
Sometimes when the Horde webmail application is updated, the Sent folder stops working for some...