Email Settings - Opera Mail
Opera Mail is a free, lightwight, customizeable Email client that compliments the Opera web browser software. On this page, you will find tutorials for setting up your Email accounts with Opera.
Before you use the information below, please make sure that you have set up your email account in your Web Hosting first and that you know your email address and password. The following two articles will guide you through the initial setup process.
Email Client Settings
Creating Email Accounts
When you are ready to start using Oera Mail, please follow the tutorials below...
Creating a POP Account
Creating a POP Account with SSL
Creating an IMAP Account
Creating an IMAP Account with SSL
Setting your Ports
Creating a Signature
Updating your Password
Deleting an Account
Basic Email Configuration.
If you don't have flash and can't view the articles above, please see the following info...
To create or add an Opera account, follow the steps below:
- From the menu, select.
- If you do not have an Opera account, you are prompted to create one. If you have an Opera account, select Add.
- Select the kind of account you want to create, for example, email or newsgroup.
- In the resulting dialog, complete the following fields:
- Real name: Type the name that you want to display in the From field of your emails.
- Email address: Type your email address.
- Organization: Type the name of your organization (optional).
- Click Next.
- Type the login name provided by your ISP provider. For example, your Fastmail.FM or Gmail username, Yahoo! ID name, or AOL login name.
- Type your password.
- Depending on the service enabled for your email account, select either IMAP or POP.
- If your server details are automatically recorded, go to step 9. Otherwise, complete incoming and outgoing server details.
- To enable TLS encryption for incoming and/or outgoing servers, check Use secure connection (TLS).
- If you use POP and want to access email from other computers, tick Leave messages on server.
- Select Finish. The Mail and Contacts options are added to the menu and the Mail panel appears. You use these to access your messages or newsfeeds, and your contact address book.
IMAP sent folder
To ensure that your sent IMAP messages are stored on the server and not stored locally, define your sent folder. To do this follow the steps below.
- From the menu in Opera, select Mail and Chat Accounts.
- Select your IMAP account, then Edit.
- Select the Outgoing tab.
- In the IMAP sent folder field, select the folder to store your sent messages.
- Click OK.
Was this answer helpful?
This error code can be returned for a number of reasons, but if you have recently ordered...
If you have an iPhone, you can use it to send and receive email from your UK Web Hosting account....
Microsoft Outlook is one of the most popular Email clients available. It usually comes bundled...
If you didn't enable SMTP authentication in Mozilla Thunderbird when you first set up your Email...
Windows Live mail is an email client that is easy to use and simple to configure. This article...