Email Settings - Apple Mail
To connect to your UK Web Hosting account to retrieve and send Email, you need to use a Email client. Apple Mail comes bundled with the Mac operating system. Below are tutorials, showing how to use Apple mail to add and manage your Email accounts.
This article assumes that you know your Email login and server details and that you have already created your Email account in cPanel. You can find details on both of those topics in the following links...
Email Client Settings
Creating Email Accounts
When you ae ready to start using Apple Mail, please follow the tutorials below...
Creating a POP Account
Creating an IMAP Account
Setting your Outgoing Mail Server
Setting your Preferences
Read and Send Messages
Creating a Signature
Mail Rules / Filters
Basic Email Configuration.
If you don't have flash and can't view the articles above, please see the following info...
- Open Mac Mail.
- From the File menu, click Add Account.
- Enter your full name, the email address for this account and the password.
- There is an option Automatically Setup Account. We recommend that you try this first and follow the setup assistant. If this doesn't work, de-select the Automatically Setup Account option in order to manually configure the email account - then click Continue.
- Choose your account type POP or IMAP. If you are unsure which one to use, please read our General Email Guide
- Enter a description for the email account.
- Enter your incoming mail server, full Email address and password - then click Continue.
- Enter a description for the outgoing mail server and enter the outgoing mail server hostname.
- Select Use Authentication and enter your full Email address and password.
- Select the option Take Account Online.
- Click the Create button.
Was this answer helpful?
The internet is a public network. The world wide web gives you the freedom to access your Email...
Microsoft Outlook Express is an older Email client that is no longer supported by Microsoft,...
Incredimail is a free, fun and easy to use Email client with a focus on multimedia features. This...
The connection to the server has failed. Account 'mail.yourdomain', Server: 'mail.yourdomain',...
If you didn't enable SMTP authentication in Outlook 2010 when you first configured your Email...