How to Change your cPanel Password
There are two ways to change your cPanel password. The easiest way to do this is from inside your customer account area.
1. Login to your customer account on our website.
2. Click My Services then Manage My Services from the drop down menu.
3. You will see your UK Web Hosting plans listed down the page. Click View Details next to the account you want to change the password for.
4. Your hosting plan details will be displayed. From the tabs along the top, click Change Password.
5. Enter your new password twice an click Save Changes.
We recommend that you change your password using the method above. This synchronises it with your customer account area, so you can login to cPanel from there too.
You can also change your cPanel password fromwithin cPanel itself. Of course, you need to be already logged in to cPanel to do that, just click the "Change Password" icon from the main cPanel interface.
Choosing a Secure Password
It is vitally important that you choose a secure password for any online services. Web servers are on the internet which is a publicly facing network, so anyone in the world can try to login to your cPanel and Email accounts. If you choose a weak password, your account can (and probably will) be hacked into, your website defaced and your email accounts used to send spam. To avoid this, please take note of the following recommendations...
1. Make sure you password is at east ten characters long.
2. Choose a combination of upper and lower case letters and numbers.
3. Do not use any words in your passwords at all. Any word that can be found in a dictionary can be cracked with a basic dictionary based password attack.
4. Don't use the same password for more than one login. Keep your email, cPanel and other passwords separate and different.
We also recommend the use of password management software such as LastPass, 1Password or KeePass
Was this answer helpful?
When you upload your files, make sure you use the correct directory. All the files that you want...
To create an email account in your UK Web Hosting plan, you first need to be logged into your...
We recommend that you set your files to 644 and your folders to 755. If you are using a PHP...
Dreamweaver uses your standard FTP settings to connect to your website. These were sent to you in...
Sometimes when a server is migrated, older accounts with passwords that have not been changed for...